Our library and research centre
Our Library and Research Centre, at Units 5-6, 48 May Street, Bayswater, holds a wealth of material to help you with your research.
Our opening hours are available here and our friendly and knowledgeable Volunteers are always available to assist you in your research.
Search FHWA Library Catalogue for free online
Every book, CD, chart, digital book, magazine, map, microfiche, microfilm, or vertical file in our collection can be found by searching the catalogue.
We have the records to help you trace your family history in Western Australia, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and large parts of the rest of the world.
Many of the core records you need to consult when tracing your family history are now available online. BUT not all – our collection contains many records and research guides that are not available online that are extremely useful to researchers. You will also find many books that will help you gain an understanding of the places and time periods your ancestors lived in.
Explore the Library services free for members when they visit our Library in Bayswater
- Subscription databases - Ancestry, FindMyPast, The Genealogist, Scotland's People, Roots Ireland and more
- Electronic data repository - 1000s of genealogy CDs and a growing collection of e-books and other documents
- Books, magazines, maps, charts
- Vertical file
- Western Australia Funeral Ephemera Collection
- Library Volunteers
Check Resources on our website
- Our Datasets - some are available free of charge to all and others are free to our Members only
- Genie Links are freely available to all
- Members' family tree sites and FHWA Projects' sites are hosted by FHWA and made freely available to all